219 East Third St.

Opened: 1929

Neighborhoods served:

  • Downtown


Built by the Skinner Brothers and the Perry Lumber Company and designed by J. Graham Miller, this building replaced an older building on Short Street. In addition to housing the most response units of any fire station in the city, the Station #1 campus also houses the offices for the command staff, the offices for the civilian staff of the LFD,  the LFD Vehicle Maintenance Garage, the Fire Prevention Bureau, the SCBA/Cascade room, the LFD Quartermaster, the Communications Division, the Computer Shops, the Building Maintenance Bureau and Radio Shop.